I’ve had one reading week and one knitting week since I last participated in these memes. I do wish I could find a way of balancing both activities so I could enjoy both. Just call me Little Miss All-Or-Nothing.
My reading target for 2011 is 52 books and, as I’ve now read 45, I’m feeling confident that I will reach and exceed it. I don’t think I’ll make it to 100 this year though but maybe 75?
The rate of acquisitions seems to be slowing (thankfully) as it works out at four books each week since my last post. Unfortunately in Book Diet terms I’ve still gained four and therefore lose £4 from my rewardage money but that’s better than last time.
Reading review copies has fallen behind as I’ve been focussing on Christian relationships and now Benedictine Spirituality so I’m trying something a little different this week to help me get caught up while still reading what I want. I’m alternating one review book (marked ‘[Review]’ on the list) with one free choice book. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of red on my gant chart over the next few weeks.
Now, it’s Monday! What are you reading this week?
Books Read & Reviewed:
- Caryn Dahlstrand Rivadeneira – Grumble Hallelujah – 2011/042
- Johnnie Moore – Honestly – 2011/043
- Joshua Harris – I Kissed Dating Goodbye – 2011/044
- Book on personal topic – 2011/045
- Kathryn Hermes – Beginning Contemplative Prayer – [Purchase][Kindle]
- Book on personal topic – [Purchase][Kindle]
- Mgr Bruce Harbert – Companion to the Order of Mass: The New Translation – [Purchase][Paperback]
- Sarah Abell – Inside Out: How to Have Authentic Relationships with Everyone in Your Life – [Prize][Paperback]
- Robin Lee Hatcher & Deborah Bedford – The Story Jar – [Prize][Paperback]
- Kate Lord Brown – The Beauty Chorus – [Library][Hardback]
- Maeve Binchy – Star Sullivan (Quick Reads) – [BookMooch][Paperback]
- Book on personal topic – [Library][Paperback]
- St Benedict – The Rule of St. Benedict – [Currently Reading]
- Margaret Leroy – (THE SOLDIER’S WIFE ) BY Leroy, Margaret (Author) Paperback Published on (06 , 2011) – [Review]
- Mgr Bruce Harbert – Companion to the Order of Mass: The New Translation
- Jeff O’Connell – Sugar Nation: The Hidden Truth Behind America’s Deadliest Habit and the Simple Way to Beat It – [Review]
- Abbot Christopher Jamison – Finding Sanctuary: Monastic Steps For Everyday Life
- Matthew Norman – Domestic Violets (P.S.) – [Review]
- Joshua Harris – Not Even a Hint: How the Gospel Rescues Us from Lust
* * *