This post in response to BookJourney’s Morning Meanders which closed by asking:
Oh but I am sure as book lovers I am not the only one whose book dorkiness shows occasionally. Come on.. share with me today – whats a “book dork” moment you have had?
‘Dork’ isn’t a word we really use in the UK (I’m Scottish, by the way) so forgive me if I haven’t picked up the nuances of what a book dork is. I’m certainly a book lover and, to me, a book dork would be someone who takes that love to the next level of obsession. So, am I a book dork? You be the judge:
- I’ve been known to stand at the window, watching for the postman.
- I’m very disappointed if he doesn’t bring me anything book-shaped.
- If a book arrives when I’m particularly looking forward to it I may skip for joy, sing, ‘Oooh’ or ‘Aaah.’
- I stroke my books.
- All five of my bookcases are full and I still have crates of homeless books in the study.
- I have cancelled social events because I’d rather stay at home and read.
- I carry my Kindle everywhere.
- I read and call it ‘therapy’.